Monday, December 11, 2006

Playoffs!

I am on 2 soccer teams over at Chelsea Piers, one in Division 1 and one in Division 2. This is my first year on both teams, and amazingly both teams made the playoffs. It has been a wild ride in both leagues and our playoff berths came down to the wire. Out of more than 60 teams that started off in each division we have advanced to the final 16 in both. Playoffs are a single elimination tournament.

Tonight was my first game. Our division 1 team the Equinunk Warriors, only went 6-4 this year, but we snuck in to the playoffs from a mediocre league. Amazingly we won 19-10 tonight, and advance to the "Elite Eight" on Thursday night at 7 PM. We should have our work cut out for us in that round as we most likely will face Melmac United, a tough team that went 9-1 in the reular season.

Tomorrow night, my division 2 team the BallStars play at 9PM. I have a lot of confidence in our squad in this league. We came on strong at the end of the year. Our goalie can't make the first round though which could really hurt us. Unlike Equinunk where we are underdogs and rely on our defense and hustle to scrap wins, the BallStars have as good a shot as anyone at making a run at the title.

If BallStars win then I will end up playing back to back games in the second round on Thursday night. The playoff brackets should be linked the morning after each game, so anyone who is a Chelsea Piers soccer fan should bookmark those pages!

In other playoff news, my squad "So Many Roads" in my fantasy football league, that I do with a bunch of my best friends in the world clinched a final 4 berth this week with the weeks high score. I am planning on riding Steven Jackson, Torry Holt, Rudi Johnson and company to a championship this year.

Updates will come

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home