Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Why I hate Matt Maroon's online persona

Matt Maroon's blog on December 6th titled PokerStars and Retards has hit a new low. Its such a disgusting entry and exactly what poker professionals SHOULD NOT be writing. Now I admit that he has done a good job cultivating a blog audience with this awful drivel he comes out with from week to week, but as has been proven in many forms of American Culture, just cause the idiot masses enjoy it doesnt mean it is any good. I am not sure if he is completely selling out to make a name for himself in the poker world, or as I suspect he really is this miserable and unlikeable, either way this stuff is garbage.

His recent post about calling out "retards" for playing bad is awful on so many levels. He is encouraging his reading audience (for the most part a miserable crew who share the same negative attitude, and curmudgeon-like attitude on the world as Maroon) to not only act like assholes and make this world a worse place, but also to make fun of people for playing poker poorly. Neither of these things do anything to help poker progress or even stay stagnant. I really wonder how someone like Maroon, who is presumably pretty intelligent (just ask him) can produce garbage like this. His entry is clearly a mediocre attempt at humor (although they also seem to be his true feelings), but just saying "retard" a bunch of times does not make you Howard Stern.

Im not sure what drove me to make this entry, but I decided to open up his blog like a do once a week or so, and I needed to get this off my chest. I have a number of good friends that vouch for Maroon in real life. These are all good people whose opinion I trust and respect. This is probably why it is so puzzling to me why Maroon continually spreads bad vibes and ideas through the poker world. I give him credit that he has built up a blog audience and a name for himself in the poker world for being the "bad boy of blogging". Having a succesful blog is no small feat (by the way this is certainly not a goal of mine, but I do respect the quest.) Its just too bad that Maroon has to act like a social retard while doing so.

10 Comments:

Blogger acehighwine said...

I agree - it really sh#ts me that people use terms "retard" and "spastic" so frivolously nowadays, particularly in poker circles. Do these people think before they speak/write?

As someone who's hung out with a fair few people with disabilities, it just really is tacky and reflects badly on the person speaking the evil.

Not singling out Mr Maroon or anyone, but I just wanted to say it's nice to see someone else say something about it.

cheers
Max

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed as well. His personality is just as bad online as it is in person. I was really disappointed when I finally got to meet him. But for what it's worth, he's dealing with a profound mental disorder.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt Maroon bobs on a fatty for a nickel.

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry guys, Matt is going to be stone-cold broke before he gives up his new fantasy sports site. It's really sad to watch someone with no discernible talent or intelligence light his money on fire. He won't be getting it back.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why users still mаkе use of to read news papers when
in this technological world the whole thing is ехiѕtіng on net?


Feel fгee tо ѵiѕit my ωebsite; www.jesuspal.de
My site :: Mid Stakes Bonus

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well kids, it's 2013 and Matt's blog is long gone. His hot air ballon of a ego went bust. No poker, no Matt, no WSOP rings. It actually was amazing anyone listened to a guy whose only credit was working at Home Depot part time

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hellο cοlleaguеs, hoω іs аll,
anԁ what you wοuld lіkе tο say about
this post, in my viеω іts gеnuinеly аwеsome in ѕupport of me.


Here iѕ my wеbsite - RPMPoker Offer

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gοod ԁay! I know thіѕ is kinda οff topiс but I wаs wonderіng if you knеω
wherе I coulԁ fіnd a cаρtcha
plugin for my сomment form? Ι'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm havіng tгoublе finding one?
Thankѕ a lot!

My wеbsitе - Amerіcas Carԁroom Pοker
Prοmotіons ()

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just ωant to say yоur article is as astοnishіng.
The cleaгness in your ρost iѕ simply spectaсular
anԁ і coulԁ аssume you аrе knowlеdgeable іn thіs
subjeсt. Fine along with your permіssion аllow me
to clutch your RЅS feed to stay updаted
with apprοaching ρost. Thanκs one milliοn and
pleaѕe continue the rewагԁing work.



my wеb page ... MintedPoker Offer

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rіght heге is the rіght wеb site for anybοԁy ωho wіshes to undeгstand this
topic. You realizе so muсh its almost hard to argue
with you (not that I really would want to…HаHa). Үou сertainly put
a new spin on a topic that's been written about for a long time. Wonderful stuff, just great!

my website :: AmericasCardRoom Offer (http://www.bwithyou.Asia/)

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home