Saturday, June 16, 2007

Tourneys Bad, Cash Games good

I have hit a bit of a rut in tourneys. In the beginning of the series I was making every dinner break with chips and felt in a groove. I have now busted out of 3 tourneys in a row very early.

I would like to attribute this all to variance. I seem to be running in to great hands when I have very good hands, but I am definitely not playing my very best game. When u don't play your best, you open yourself up to variance much more often.

The good news is that I have been doing well in cash games for the trip, both online and live. I had one very nice win live where I jumped from 10-20 NL, to 25-50 NL, to 200-400 limit back to 10-20 NL etc. I was always jumping into good games and felt on top of everything (and ran pretty well.)

Last night I actually played in a great 400-800 limit hold em game, which is the biggest I have ever played. I ended up losing 1000 dollars but I know I was a nice favorite in the game and was happy to stay afloat when I didnt get a ton of cards. During the game I won a 14,000 dollar pot when my quad Ten's beat my opponents flopped broadway straight. So much for not getting cards I guess.

I am headed to the gym now and will probably play cash games later. Tomorrow is the 3000 NL tourney and I hope to refocus my tournament game and make a little run in that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

NOW Business Funding is pleased to offerbusiness cash funding to bad credit business cash funding, bad credit merchant cash advance, and bad credit business loan needs on a nationwide USA basis. Based in Las Vegas, Nevada, NOW Business Funding boasts a managerial staff with more than 39 years experience in working with business clients who have had turn downs or turn downs. Offering bad credit businesses funding in cash advances, business funding, equipment leasing, merchant cash advances and bad credit merchant cash advances.
In today’s tough business climate NOW Business Funding offers your business the funding you seek, good credit business cash funding or bad credit merchant cash advances. Don’t let a bad credit history affect your income another day. Reach out to NOW Business Funding today for your bad credit business funding, bad credit merchant cash advance or bad credit business cash NOW.

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home